Orchard Place Campus - Residential Treatment Center
925 SW Porter Avenue • Des Moines, IA • 50315
Orchard Place's residential program is a highly-respected, intensive psychiatric residential treatment center. Children in the residential program come to Orchard Place from every county in Iowa and have typically had a number of psychiatric hospitalizations and other treatment experiences. They are in need of intensive mental health services, close medical monitoring and a highly-structured and safe setting.
Orchard Place Campus seeks to meet all of our young clients' needs with individualized treatment and services through a multidisciplinary approach to psychological care. This collaborative effort helps children with serious psychological illness reclaim their lives and works with families to help reintegrate these youth into their home communities.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Master's level, licensed therapists
- Agency-trained bachelor-level milieu treatment counselors
- Youth and child psychologist
- Youth and child psychiatrists
- 24-hour-a-day nursing staff
- Recreational therapist
- A campus-based educational program with Des Moines Public School teaching staff
The residential program provides intensive psychological and behavioral treatment for children with a serious mental health disorders that makes them unable to function in their homes, schools and communities.
Our goals are to:
- Improve each child's psychological and emotional health, and academic functioning
- Return the child to the community
- Reunite the child with the parent whenever possible
Treatment components include:
- Psychiatric evaluations and services
- Psychological assessments
- Individual child therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Education services
- Tutoring and mentoring
- Recreational therapy
- 24-hour nursing care pediatric exams and consultation
- Dietary consultation
- Drug and alcohol assessments and services
Orchard Place residential services have been in existence since the 1960s, and prior to that the organization, then known as the Des Moines Children's Home, had served as an orphanage for homeless children since the late 1800s.
Orchard Place will serve more than 225 youth in Orchard Place's residential program this year.
Want more Information?
Please complete the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.