The holidays provide a fantastic opportunity to bring joy into the lives of children served by Orchard Place, who are challenged with mental health issues. Without this effort and support from individuals, businesses, and organizations, many kids would not receive any gift at all this holiday season. There are many ways that you can help:
- “Adopt” a child: Sign up to fulfill a child’s wish list. As early as November, staff will sit down with children to determine two wants and a need. This information, along with the child’s age, gender, clothing and shoe size will go onto their wish list. **You can sign up here: Holiday Gift Drive Sign Up! The deadline to sign up is December 3rd
- Sponsor a holiday party for kids at our residential campus - provide pizza, pop, and fulfill their Wish Lists.
- Adopt a House or Orchard Place Branch: Provide items that are used for play therapy or recreation for our children. Find them on Amazon at: Orchard Place Wish Lists
- Donate money or gift cards: Please make your check payable to Orchard Place and use the return envelope that is included for your convenience. You can also give online by going to www.orchardplace.org/donation. Please type “holiday drive” in the designation box.
- Donate a group outing: purchase tickets for the Des Moines Playhouse, passes to Blank Park Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Festival of Trees, Jolly Holiday Lights or admission to the Science Center, Adventureland, Get Air, the pool etc. This is a gift our kids can enjoy throughout the year.
Last year, 1,000 kids served by Orchard Place received a gift thanks to donations to the Orchard Place Holiday Gift Drive. You can be apart of brightening a child's Holiday!
Donations can be made online at www.orchardplace.org/donation or by contacting Brandie Broadhead at 515.287.9621 or email@example.com.