Bilingual Behavioral Health Intervention Services Caseworker
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Are you looking for an opportunity to do outreach in the Latino community? Join the BHIS team at Orchard Place/PACE as a Bilingual Behavioral Health Intervention Services Caseworker and make a difference in the lives of children and families by providing services in home and community settings.
Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) Caseworkers work approximately 40 hours per week Monday - Friday primarily between the hours of noon - 8:00pm with an agency provided caseload of about 15 families.
- Engage and coach youth and families in skill development (i.e. coping, communication, etc.).
- Guide youth to make healthy/positive behavioral choices through one on one prevention and intervention strategies.
- Work to enhance the family's ability to effectively interact with one another in a supportive manner.
- Bachelor's degree in social services field (e.g. social work, psychology, sociology, human services/development, child development) AND a minimum of 1 year of experience OR bachelor's degree in non-social science field (e.g. education including special education, criminal justice, biology, communications) AND a minimum of 2 years experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Excellent time management and ability to manage your own schedule
- Ability to engage youth and family
- Previous caseworker experience such as BHIS, FSRP, etc. is helpful
Orchard Place will provide you:
- Lap top and cell phone and mileage reimbursement
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance, and paid vacation time, sick leave and holidays
- Reward for success - Earn up to $500 bonus per month for exceeding billable hour expectation
- Office space and cohesive team environment
Successful candidate must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312