Bilingual Family Peer Support Specialist
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Family Peer Support Specialists provide support for parents, primary caregivers and families with a child with a Serious Emotional Disturbance to facilitate the engagement and participation of parents and families in their child's care.
Family Peer Support Specialists:
- Provide parent to parent mentoring and serve as a liaison for families to mental health services
- Work intensively with parents and families to promote engagement in mental health and community services through face to face visits, phone calls and email
- Provide resource information and guide families to appropriate services
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED; AA or BS/BA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a child or children with a serious emotional disturbance
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Past personal experience accessing mental health services and community resources to meet special needs of their own child or children and family
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, I A50312