CCR&R - Community Development Specialist
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
The Community Development Specialist in the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) program work with community stakeholders regarding the importance of child care and will coordinate the efforts to disseminate information regarding current and upcoming trends in child care in the communities we serve.
Community Development Specialists:
- Develop tools to assist with increasing the number of child care slots in the region, specifically those areas with low availability in partnership with the Statewide Team.
- Actively engage with community members throughout designated parts of the region to understand the outstanding needs and gather information regarding resources currently available.
- Present at community and steering committee meetings as needed, regarding recruitment and retention of child care programs.
- Provide consultation to communities and providers on how to effectively start a child care business, including but not limited to; planning, governance, finances, staffing, and facilities.
- Participate, as requested, in statewide meetings with DHS and other pertinent CCR&R staff to review child care provider recruitment status / child care deserts, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Endorsement or closely related field.
- Two years of full time experience working within the Early Childhood field required
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer, organizational and communication skills
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312