Overnight Youth Supervisor
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Overnight Youth Supervisors supervise children and youth ages 10 - 17 years within an inpatient psychiatric treatment center. Schedule works Wednesday- Friday nights and every other Saturday night from 9:45 pm - 9:00 am.
Overnight Youth Supervisors:
- Ensure the safety and security of 10 or 12 emotionally disturbed children and youth
- Complete and document visual checks on the children at least every 20 minutes throughout the overnight hours
- Provide assistance to children who may be restless or awake at night, new admissions or children who are creating a disturbance
- Prepare and serve breakfast to the children
- Assist in getting children ready for school in the morning
- Complete some cleaning and laundry duties
- Minimum requirement is a high school diploma, preference given to individuals with CNA, LPN, BA or BS
- Ability to remain awake and alert during the overnight hours
- Experience working with children and youth
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312