Behavioral Health Intervention Services Caseworker
Are you looking for independence and
flexibility to create your own schedule while also being a part of a supportive and cohesive team?
Join the BHIS team at Orchard Place/PACE and make a difference in the lives of children and families by providing services in home and community settings. Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) Caseworkers work approximately 40 hours per week Monday - Friday primarily between the hours of noon-8:00pm with an agency provided caseload of about 15 families.
What you'll do:
- Engage and coach youth and families in skill development (i.e. coping, communication, etc.)
- Guide youth to make healthy/positive behavioral choices through one on one prevention and intervention strategies.
- Work to enhance the family's ability to effectively interact with one another in a supportive manner.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences field (e.g. social work, psychology, sociology, human services/development, child development) AND a minimum of 1 year of experience OR bachelor's degree in non-social science field (e.g. education including special education, criminal justice, biology, communications) AND a minimum of 2 years experience.
- Excellent time management and ability to manage your own schedule
- Ability to engage youth and family
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous caseworker experience such as BHIS, FSRP, etc. is helpful
Orchard Place will provide you:
- Lap top and cell phone provided and mileage reimbursement
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance, and paid vacation time, sick leave and holidays
- Reward for success--earn up to $500 per month bonus for exceeding billable hour expectation
- Office space and cohesive team environment
Criminal Background, Abuse Registry and Motor Vehicle Record check completed.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312