Behavioral Health Intervention Services Caseworker
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Behavioral Health Intervention Services (BHIS) Caseworkers teach and coach youth and families to strengthen and promote self-sufficiency. BHIS Caseworkers help youth learn to make healthy and positive behavioral choices through prevention and intervention. Services are provided in the home, community and school setting primarily during afternoon, evening and weekend hours. Offering a $500 sign on bonus!
- Enhance and promote communication, problem solving skills, anger management and social development skills
- Use interventions to modify the psychological, behavioral and emotional factors affecting the client's functioning
- Work to enhance the family's ability to effectively interact with the child in a supportive manner
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences field (e.g. social work, psychology, sociology, human services/development, child development) AND a minimum of 1 year of experience OR bachelor's degree in non-social science field (e.g. education including special education, criminal justice, biology, communications) AND a minimum of 2 years experience
- Ability to work independently with weekday afternoon and evening hours required
- Ability to manage time and schedule regular client contact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312