Do you want to make a difference in the lives of special needs children and their families?
Are you looking for flexibility in your scheduled while also being part of a supportive and cohesive team? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with learning opportunities to practice using research-based methods serving families and children with mental health challenges?
Join the Integrated Health Program at Orchard Place! IHP services are provided in the home and community settings with working hours during the week days and occasional evenings.
What you'll do:
- Link families to community resources
- Serve on multidisciplinary treatment teams on behalf of families and children
- Help families identify meaningful ways to deescalate and calm
- Share best practice strategies for family wellness
- Plan and coordinate care based on the needs of the child, youth and family
- Evaluate the effectiveness of care provided
Care Coordinators work on a care team, paired with a family peer support specialist and nurse care manager. The program goal is to improve integrated treatment planning and provide assistance with navigating and accessing services.
Why you should join IHP at Orchard Place:
- Typical work week is Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 5:00 with occasional evening hours
- Lap top and cell phone provide and mileage reimbursed
- Professional development opportunities to grow as a human service professional
- Be a part of something bigger that can make a difference
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA degree in social work or human services related field
- Minimum of 1 year of case management experience with children, youth and families
- Weekday and occasional evening hours required
- Strong organizational skills to maintain high caseloads with care team support
- Ability to engage families from diverse backgrounds
- Desire to learn about and develop working knowledge of other service systems
- Excellent computer skills
Criminal record, abuse registry and motor vehicle record checks completed.
2116 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50312
P: 515-246-3508, F: 515-246-3599