Part Time Milieu Treatment Counselor
Are you passionate about developing strong futures for youth and families?
Join a supportive team at an established organization that makes a difference in kids' lives every day. Milieu Treatment Counselors supervise the youth in Orchard Place's inpatient psychiatric treatment center. The youth served in the program are ages 10-17 and have extensive trauma histories. The goal of the program is to improve and stabilize each child, making them mentally healthier so they are able to return to their families, friends and schools as quickly as possible.
Weekday morning, weekday evening and weekend hours available for Part Time Milieu Treatment Counselors.
What you'll do as a Milieu Treatment Counselors:
- Maintain a safe, structured and predictable living environment for the residents
- Participate as an active member of the treatment team; assisting in the development and implementation of Individual Care Plans
- Plan and facilitate social skills groups
- Act as an advocate for the residents and families, developing a meaningful relationship with the residents and families
- Assist in managing challenging behaviors
Why you should become a Part Time Milieu Treatment Counselor:
- Rewarding position where you can be a part of youth's growth and progress
- Supportive coworkers and supervisors that create cohesive team dynamic
- Learn valuable skills that are able to be applied to a variety of future career aspirations
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in a human services field
- Experience working with children and youth
- Excellent leadership skills
- Initiative and passion to motivate and mentor children and youth
Criminal Record, Abuse Registries and Motor Vehicle Record checks completed.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312