Director of Nursing
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
The Director of Nursing at the Campus ensures youth in the PMIC experience improved physical and behavioral outcomes through providing high quality direct nursing care, supervision of nursing staff, coordination of care, youth and family teaching and empowerment, training of professional and unit staff, and serving as an active participant of the PMIC management team.
The Director of Nursing:
- Provides high quality direct client care within their scope of nursing license and facility license
- Oversees the medical services, medication administration, laboratory services and pharmacy needs for all residents
- Provides direct management of nursing staff including scheduling, individual supervision, performance appraisals, orientation, on-boarding and training
- Ensures relevant Joint Commission and licensure standards are met through compliance audits, serving on various committees and quality improvement processes
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and licensed in Iowa as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working with pediatrics and psychiatric populations
- Previous supervisory experience
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, and sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312