Part Time Sanctions Caseworker
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
The Part Time Community Sanctions Caseworker works integrally with the youth, family and team to implement structured programming for the youth to complete assigned community service hours. The Caseworker provides services to youth identified as needing rehabilitative and supportive services.
Part Time Sanctions Caseworkers work in Dallas and Polk counties, and this part time position involves working some of the following shifts: from 4:00pm - 8:00pm Monday - Thursday, from 3:00pm - 6:00pm on Friday, and from 7:00am - 5:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Dallas county programs only on Saturday of each week.
Part Time Sanctions Caseworkers:
- Provide support and assistance in the areas of behavior management, crisis intervention/prevention and provision of additional services to youth and their families.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources pertinent to youth's successful completion of community service hours.
- Maintain regular contact with referral source, family and all other relevant parties
- Bachelor's degree in human service related field
- Minimum of two years full time experience in human services
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing and knowledge of and the ability to implement current theoretical approaches to counseling.
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312