Child Care Center Child Care Consultant
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Child Care Consultants in the Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) program work primarily with child care centers in Polk county. Child Care Consultants provide telephone, e-mail, and on-site technical assistance and on-site consultation services to child care providers.
Child Care Consultants:
- Contact providers who have not participated in CCR&R services to recruit new providers into consultation services.
- Provide child care provider orientation meetings introducing providers to CCR&R services.
- Consult with child care providers to improve quality of child care based on provider's self-identified needs.
- Assist child care providers with achieving, improving and maintaining QRS ratings.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, Elementary Education with an Early Childhood Endorsement or closely related field.
- Experience working in a child care center or preschool
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer, organizational and communication skills
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312