Substance Abuse Counselor
Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
Substance Abuse Counselors conduct formal assessments, determine appropriate levels of treatment and provide individual, group and family sessions for clients in the PACE Substance Abuse Services Program.
Substance Abuse Counselors:
- Provide individual and group treatment services and individual case management for clients
- Conduct evaluations/assessments to help determine client's clinical need
- Bachelor's degree and CADC certification OR master's degree and licensure as LMSW, LMHC, LMFT or LISW and experience in substance abuse treatment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within the substance abuse field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312