Orchard Place Campus - Residential Treatment Center
925 SW Porter Avenue • Des Moines, IA • 50315
Orchard Place's residential treatment program is a highly-respected, intensive psychiatric residential treatment center. Children in the residential program come to Orchard Place from every county in Iowa and have typically had a number of psychiatric hospitalizations and other treatment experiences. They are in need of intensive mental health services, close medical monitoring, and a highly-structured and safe setting.
Orchard Place Campus seeks to meet all of our young clients' needs with individualized treatment and services through a multidisciplinary approach to psychological care. This collaborative effort helps children and teens with serious psychological and mental health illnesses reclaim their lives, and also works with their families to help reintegrate these children into their home communities.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Master's level, licensed therapists
- Agency-trained bachelor-level milieu treatment counselors
- Youth and child psychologist
- Youth and child psychiatrists
- 24-hour-a-day nursing staff
- Recreational therapist
- A campus-based educational program with Des Moines Public School teaching staff
The residential program provides intensive psychological and behavioral treatment for children with serious mental health disorders that makes them unable to function in their homes, schools, and communities.
Our goals are to:
- Improve each child's psychological and emotional health and academic functioning
- Return the child to the community
- Reunite the child with the parent whenever possible
Treatment components include:
- Psychiatric evaluations and services
- Psychological assessments
- Individual child therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Education services
- Tutoring and mentoring
- Recreational therapy
- 24-hour nursing care pediatric exams and consultation
- Dietary consultation
- Drug and alcohol assessments and services
Orchard Place residential services have been in existence since the 1960s, and prior to that the organization, then known as the Des Moines Children's Home, had served as an orphanage for homeless children since the late 1800s. Orchard Place will serve more than 225 youth in Orchard Place's residential program this year.
Want more Information?
Please complete the form below and a representative will contact you shortly.
This site is intended to provide information and resources and is not intended to serve as a crisis line. We make every effort to return a web based inquiry within 24 hours. If you have immediate needs please call 9-1-1 or the suicide hotline at 1-800-273-TALK