Do you have a desire to strengthen children, families, schools and our communities?
School-Based Therapists provide individual and family therapy to students directly in the school and the program specializes in treating clients with issues regarding trauma.
- Evaluate and assess children, youth and families and develop specific mental health treatment plan
- Provide individual and family therapy services with emphasis on dealing with trauma
- Help kids experience success, have hope and build resiliency in their lives
- Licensed, or eligible for license, in Iowa as an LMSW, LISW, LMHC or LMFT or temporary licensed as TL-LMHC or TL-LMFT.
- Experience providing therapeutic services to children, youth and families
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function independently
Successful candidates must have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (includes child, dependent adult, and sex abuse registry checks). Must have valid driver's license and excellent driving record.
Orchard Place Human Resources
2116 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50312