Serving Iowa's Youth - Key Statistics
In 2021, Orchard Place:
- Provided care to 6,771 Iowa youth
- Employed 346 staff members
- Engaged 137 volunteers
- Operated on a budget of $21.4 million
- Limited management and general expenses to only 8.94% of total budget
- Accredited, audited and licensed by more than 10 entities, including the Joint Commission, meeting or exceeding more than 800 standards of operation, safety and management
- Benefited from the charitable donations given by large network of individuals, groups, businesses and foundations
IN 2021, THE CHILD GUIDANCE CENTER PROVIDED CARE TO 3,751 CHILDREN AND YOUTH.
- Conducted 44,623 outpatient treatment and psychiatric visits
- Served 80 youth through the Functional Family Therapy program, helping 75% of those completing the program stay in their homes
Based on Youth and Parent Progress Reports:
- 63% of youth showed a positive change in emotional, social, and behavioral functioning from intake to discharge
- 90% of youth/parents reported that therapy is helping them to recognize emotions and how they impact behavior
- 91% of youth/parents reported satisfaction with the services received
- 85% of families completing Functional Family Therapy reported an improvement in family relationships
IN 2021, 1,410 ON-SITE AND VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS TO CHILDCARE PROGRAMS WERE PROVIDED TOTALING 1,392 HOURS.
IN 2021, PACE CENTER SERVED 2,807 YOUTH AND FAMILIES.
96% of youth/families served reported feeling respected and encouraged to share thoughts and ideas
1,096 youth received care coordination services from our Integrated Health Home Program
352 youth across six area high schools were served on behalf of Juvenile Court Services and the Des Moines Public School District
518 youth received skill-building services from PACE case managers
176 youth received substance use services
263 urgent care contacts were made with 260 families
IN 2021, ORCHARD PLACE CAMPUS SERVED 213 YOUTH. THEY AVERAGED 5.6 MONTHS IN RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT.
77% of youth showed a positive change in emotional regulation from intake to discharge
84% of youth showed a positive change in emotional, social, and behavioral functioning from intake to discharge
98% of youth successfully discharged to a lower level of care
74% of youth agreed with the statement “I am learning ways to help myself feel better here.”
Check out real success stories from youth who received various services from Orchard Place.