Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Does my child need to be involved with DHS or Juvenile Court in order to receive PACE Center services?

Youth are not required to be involved with DHS or Juvenile Court to receive PACE Center  services. Referrals can be voluntary depending on the level of care desired. For example, referrals to BHIS can be made by parents with assistance from individuals such as school guidance counselor or teacher, therapist or a family physician.

What are the staff's qualifications?

The majority of direct care staff at PACE Center is required to have a bachelor's degree in human services or a related field. Therapeutic staff is required to be licensed social workers or mental health counselors. The Substance Use Program requires direct care staff to be Certified Alcohol Drug Counselors (CADC).

Are background checks done on staff?

It is Orchard Place policy that all employees have clear background checks through the Division of Criminal Investigation and the Abuse Registries (which include child, dependent adult abuse and sex offender registries).